Meet the team
Anneliese Smith is a Registered Psychologist with over 17 years’ in the field.
She has extensive experience working in a variety of settings including state government departments, schools, non-government organisations, psychiatry and emergency services.
Anneliese has excellent knowledge of trauma in emergency first responders due to her many years managing a multidisciplinary team providing state-wide psychological support.
She also has experience in adolescent psychology having held the position as a school psychologist for over eight years.
Anneliese has a strong focus on wellbeing with a client-centred approach. Her methods include Cognitive Behavioural Therapy, Acceptance and Commitment Therapy, psycho-education and trauma informed care, all within a polyvagal and psychodynamic framework.
Anneliese’s special interest is working with people at depth, helping people explore the underlying motives that could be the key to psychological distress. She believes thay having a greater understanding of yourself and a deeper sense of self awareness, people can make adjustments to address the distress in their lives.
Anneliese’s goal is to de-stigmatise mental health and normalise people’s experiences so that they can feel empowered.
Key interest areas
- Defence and Emergency Services
- Men’s Health
- Indigenous Experience
- Religion and Mental Health
- High Performance Individuals and Teams
- Management and Executive Counselling/Coaching
- Workplace Stress and Burnout
Key approaches to therapy
- Humanistic Person-Centred Therapy
- Cognitive Behaviour Therapy
- Acceptance Commitment Therapy
- Narrative Therapy
- Polyvagal Processing
- Somatic Sensory Therapy
- Psychodynamic Psychotherapy
- Brief Solution Focused Therapy
- Motivational Interviewing
- Interpersonal Psychotherapy
- Emotion Focused Therapy
- Provocative Therapy
- Internal Family Systems Therapy